Does having a domain name help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does having a domain name help?

I am buying domain names for my blogs and bought one which hasn't configured yet. Does that help a blogger at all or not?
    ACE PTC join Here :Cheer
    qiman's world green not mean yanjiaren's blog :Cheer

hmmm...i run all my blogs on blogger...none of them has a domain name but they still manage to do decently well so i don't see a need to have an own domain name...later i might need it when they become more popular but for now they are fine.
    Cracking Finance|Buzz In Business |Buzz In Market

Comment

If you are serious about your blog, you should definitely have your own domain name. That help you branding your blog from the beginning.
      Free Classified Ads & BUSINESS/PROFESSIONAL SOCIAL NETWORK

Comment

Great! if you have a domain name for doing blog posts. You would have total hold of yours writing and comments moderation. I will suggest going for it.
        Read about Prabhat Jain and his work for different companies like Monsoon Multimedia, ClypCall, Dazzel Multimedia & more. Logon to PrabhatJain.org now!

Comment

Originally posted by mit View Post
          Great! if you have a domain name for doing blog posts. You would have total hold of yours writing and comments moderation. I will suggest going for it.
          you can moderate on free hosting sites as well.

Comment

This is just me personally, but I almost completely avoid blogs that don't have their own name. So if you want me to read it, yes it helps. A lot.
            Teknopsis - Gadget & technology blog reviewing cutting edge consumer electronics

Comment

Originally posted by nottin View Post
              This is just me personally, but I almost completely avoid blogs that don't have their own name. So if you want me to read it, yes it helps. A lot.
              why do you avoid it? name has nothing to do with quality.

Comment

I think it shows how serious the blogger is. You will never find a reputed blogger don't have own domain name.

Comment

Originally posted by manik View Post
                  I think it shows how serious the blogger is. You will never find a reputed blogger don't have own domain name.
                  well reputed bloggers have money because they get reputation due to the amount of traffic they get...and with money buying domain is easy...having a domain just when you start can be a little risky.

Comment

Originally posted by himoacs View Post
                    well reputed bloggers have money because they get reputation due to the amount of traffic they get...and with money buying domain is easy...having a domain just when you start can be a little risky.
                    When you start you can go with the free options. But we all know a domain costs around 7 bucks per year and hosting is around $5 per month; so total $67 per year. Earning $6 per month would cover that expenses. Once a beginner blogger gets past the startup phase they should go with the domain option if they are really serious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by manik View Post
                      When you start you can go with the free options. But we all know a domain costs around 7 bucks per year and hosting is around $5 per month; so total $67 per year. Earning $6 per month would cover that expenses. Once a beginner blogger gets past the startup phase they should go with the domain option if they are really serious about it.
                      yeah that's what i am saying...you should start with free option first and when you need to expand then you can spend the money but starting with your own domain in the first place may not be a good idea.

Comment

depends on how serious about blogs, your blogs may got
                        banned or closed by the site owner without any reasons
                        if you are making money off it.. then you will LOSE
                        ALL of your traffic and income in ONE go. it's a BIG risk!!

just set up your own blog, it's nothing hard. and beside hosting
                        and domain these days are very cheap! Thus you don't really
                        have an excuse of NOT hosting your own blog.
                        Limited Time Only - Get 100+ Best Internet Marketing Products For FREE!
                        Make Money Online | Free Small Businesses Network Tools

Comment

Working...
                        X