Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is it to have .com domains?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is it to have .com domains?

This is my feeling on the entire subject. .net is a perfectly acceptable domain extension, it is valid and I have never really heard of .net domains as disrespectful. However, the majority of internet users when typing in a web address will by reflex use the .com extension. So, if you only have one domain and it is .net, the odds are pretty good a person typing your web address in their browser window will type xyz.com and not .net, leading them to never reach your website.

For the domain name you really like, would it still make sense if you added the two letters va (for virtual assistant) after it? You can always purchase your second choice domain and keep an eye out for your favorite (they expire, so at some point down the road you may be able to purchase it).

One other piece of advice, buy both .com and .net domain extensions for the domain you choose. Domains can be purchased pretty inexpensively...this way you are covered should a person use the .com OR .net extension when typing in your web address.
    Last edited by manik; 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM. Reason: spam

Marketing strategies

It is not very important that you have .com domain.
    you can get top rank with www.net,org,biz domains.
    How to attract women auto crash lawyer |moscato

Comment

.com works a lot

.com works a lot because there are most of sites contain .com,So the general concept of a site especially when you are thinking about the new domain,least chance of org,.net or similar things.
      Last edited by manik; 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM. Reason: spam

Comment

It depends on the public you're targeting and your area of activity. If you work internationally, then you should get a .com domain. If you work locally, then you may use another one. But in my opinion it's no big deal, just make sure you set up a redirection for people who will automaticaly use .com .
        Tolbiac hotel : budget hotel in paris - hotel paris offers - hotel louvres paris - hotel rates paris - hotel paris bercy - hotel place d'italie

Comment

Most people know about .com, .net, and .org but if you bring up .us or .info, they look confused. I know a lot of people who will type in your domain name into Google, hit Enter then will click on the first link without even looking at the URL. So if you have a unique domain name and register the .com, go ahead and register the .net and .org before a domain seller purchases them.
          OpenVZ and Xen VPS Servers
          Read actual reviews of virtual private servers - not just what promotions they offer!

Comment

as Tolbiac-hotel said it depends on the public you're targeting.
            .com is the most used TLD around the internet
            http://cyanhost.net - Offer Free and Paid web hosting, Domain Name Registrations and Transfers, Free Domain Names, SSL Certificates and VPS hosting.

Comment

I agree wid u a lot com domain always work ...
              GK Quizzes PSC Questions Angular JS Articles

Comment

Usually .com , .net and then .org

So if .com is free to register I would take .com

If you do the same amount of work on .com,.net and .org .com will rank higher. That is from my own experience

Comment

I don't think it is important. It just helps to make an impression of your website reliability.
                  website templates free download free wordpress templates

Comment

It's useless and makes no difference unless you have good content and proper backlinks, you can rank well with almost any top level domain.
                    The ultimate Skype Fan Site. How to use Skype and Skype Phone Reviews.

Comment

I think .com and .net and good if your site is commercial. The .net is very widely known and a lot of people expect the .net if your site is related to the Internet.
                      Telecommunications Directory A Quality Paid, Directory of Telecommunications
                      Free Translator Widget Translate your Site, Quickly Easily and for FREE

Comment

.com, .net and .org are good for business. All are good though but people know mostly .com and its more popular.
                        I am content locking my movie site!
                        By using
                        BLAM Ads

Comment

.com domains counts alot in google ranking

Comment

When do you use .info guys? Is it as effective?
                            Outsourced Customer Support
                            Vacation Planning

Comment

as long as you have nice backlinks its important.
                              The ultimate Skype Fan Site. How to use Skype and Skype Phone Reviews.

Comment

Working...
                              X