X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I completely enjoy this forum?

Well, I have been around the block for quite a while and I have seen people come and go in this forum. Most of the people that I known of didn't even knew me as most of them are just thread starters and then they'd forget about it. but I guess a few observations has to be said to make others completely enjoy the forum...

...As much as I don't want to break it, PR juice coming from forums are not that good so don't for a minute take the forum as a great way to gain link juice. So why do I still post in this forum and how do I enjoy it?

Some few reasons...
    • I love posting as I get to help others out. in an event that I am not knowledgeable of the issue, I learn easily from others or by researching the topic at hand by myself.
    • It is a great way to gain new friends. Well, there has been a few peeps here that I have shared a story or two more than once, it's great to know that even though how separated we all truly are, there is a certain unity when we are in here.
    • To be appreciated and to be heard is a great accomplishment in a forum and I don't mean the crap that most poster here does, they say thanks without reading what the thread is about just to increase post counts.
    Now why would I hate it?
    • It's not entirely the forum that one might hate about it, it's the some of the member. some of whom I like to call as crap posters. Those whose sole intention is to increase post count and leave crappy post thinking that it may benefit their sites well.
    • Content Thieves! Although sharing a new article or two in this forum is great and helpful, it would have been better if a simple recognition to the original author or source has been made. as simple as giving a link back to the source would be great as by not doing so, it's like stealing someone else work.
    • Mirror posters- those are the kinds that just reads the replies and then somewhat spins the post and then reposts it.
    BREAKING NEWS-Those are not cool at all... I'm sorry for those who feels guilty about the facts above but it's not cool at all. Did you really think that doing such would increase your reputation and specially that of your site? Let's say that a member is posting crap on an SEO thread and he has an SEO site, of all the lurkers in this forum, do you think that they'd visit his site after reading his crap post? definite NO!....

What can you do?
    • Look at this forum as a community and not as a technique to increase your site's reputation and link juice. You will find it that people will visit your site more if you actually are helpful in forums, specially if your niche is related to the forum itself.
    • Stop saying "thanks" and "I agree". Hello!!! Have you not read the guidelines and not found out about the "Thank You Button" and "reputation button"?
    • If you wanted to thank a poster for a great post then use the thanks button, if you like to say that you agree about something, use the add rep button.
    • Please, read the thread, specially the OP. Do you really think that you are contributing by answering the title of the thread? nope! the truth is that you are making a fool out of yourself. how do you think people will see you if you post on a thread with a very irrelevant post?
    • Take your time in posting. no one is pushing you to answer a thread immediately. take time to understand the thread even research about it if you have to. take time to understand your replies as well, sometimes reading your answer twice can make you realize that there were some error on the post. a post with a lot of error can only confuse others and you may look like a dumbo to them...
    Remember
    If you are new, take time to read the rules and guidelines of this forum...

If you have been for a while, please be an example to the others in being a good member and poster.

Lighten up, it's a great day. no one is your enemy in this forum...

You are brilliantly and almost perfect right over there. Wow awesome. Love your words. Thank you for this reminder shall I say.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
      You are brilliantly and almost perfect right over there. Wow awesome. Love your words. Thank you for this reminder shall I say.
      apparently we have our first non-thread reader... I would have said thank you as well or would have rep back but dude, it was so obvious that you didn't read the thread... please re-read and do consider the following facts that I pointed out....
      Originally posted by jabo View Post
      • To be appreciated and to be heard is a great accomplishment in a forum and I don't mean the crap that most poster here does, they say thanks without reading what the thread is about just to increase post counts.
      • Stop saying "thanks" and "I agree". Hello!!! Have you not read the guidelines and not found out about the "Thank You Button" and "reputation button"?
      • If you wanted to thank a poster for a great post then use the thanks button, if you like to say that you agree about something, use the add rep button.

Comment

Since the basic purpose of the internet is to share the knowledge and communicate with each other. I can say that Forums are playing an vital role in this way to share the knowledge and to communicate with each other. If you want to enjoy this forum I would like to say try communicating and enjoying the forum.

Comment

great write up i like it
          Sales Skill Training

Comment

Originally posted by sc8074 View Post
            great write up i like it
            obviously someone didn't read the post again...

Comment

jabo,

After go through your post...OMG you just said what i really "intent" to say.Yeah,the reputation will effected and you know what the most funny thing is ?

Those who ask the question and pretend like they know nothing is actually the biggest mistake.Shame on them...opps!

For example:
              They could ask:" Could someone tell how to make money from adsense?" ..then right below the signature column : "Make money with Adsense"..

I mean What would you expert from them?
              Finding Lists:
              1.Blog with EntreCard 2.EntreCard drop list3.Entrecards SEO link 4.EQ Emotional blog

Comment

some people would do that just to get a link back to their site. no wonder why forum moderation take so much time. and as we grow bigger time spent taking care of spam is increasing.
                Free Classified Ads & BUSINESS/PROFESSIONAL SOCIAL NETWORK

Comment

I think this is the exact reasons why I got to wait for the moderation of my account in this forum. I have lot more interesting threads in my niche forums, where I have been posting since last 8 months. But now-a-days whenever I come across some new forum and try to make an account, it takes atleast 3-4 days for the account to get activated. All this is because of the people who just thank and compliment the post in order to get their links on the forums.

I would really like to request all those who are seriously not reading the posts and wasting their own time, money and the opportunity to learn something from these valuable tips and suggestions given by experts, Please stop doing that ...
                  Game Developers
                  Poker Blog

Comment

You can enjoy it by sharing some of your experiences or your knowledge about something else either it is technical or non-technical.

Comment

I think, if I may, the best thing to do when seeing count-posts to ban the user instantly. Ban 1, 10, 100, of course, will appear others but at least some will learn their lesson.
                      The UK's fastest growing website designers - WebCreationUK. See our ecommerce website design services.

Comment

well for me, I think i would completely enjoy it if the topics are so interesting and If i could relate to the topic being discuss.
                        wedding suits for men

Comment

Originally posted by irishays View Post
                          well for me, I think i would completely enjoy it if the topics are so interesting and If i could relate to the topic being discuss.

and apparently you didnt' relate to the thread cause you didn't read it. I wouldn't really be surprised if I see a lot of lurkers or members confused with some of the discussions here as most of the members only aim to participate for their own benefit. which, at some ways is not... to all the members who are advertising SEO services in their links here, I will never use their services cause of the way they post in this forum. I don't want someone with bad rep on a forum be working in my websites....
                          Meditec Career Blog

Comment

Thanks for sharing the tips that how we can enjoy this forum. I like these tips. I hope next time you will sharing some thing more.
                            Electrical training los angeles
                            Electrical certification los angeles

Comment

to tell a truth,i don't know how to make a article to the forum.
                              who can tell me . selsom words will be better.because i have no patient

Comment

Working...
                              X