How to backup your wordpress blog using its Export / Import Tool?
by, 11-21-2011 at 12:04 PM (203 Views)
You can backup your wordpress blog without a hosting control panel or PHP Myadmin. Using the wordpress “Export / Import Tool”, you can easily take the backup of your blog including all of your posts, pages, comments, custom fields, terms, navigation menus and custom posts. But you need to upload your images manually using any FTP application(Ex: File zilla).
Follow below steps:
1. Sign in to wordpress and go to the menu bar.
2. Click on ‘Tools’ and select ‘Export’.
3. Check ‘All contents’ and click on ‘Download Export File’.
4. It will take some time to get the exported file (XML) based on file size of your contents.
5. After get the exported file, You may Import the XML file to another host or you may keep the file as a backup of your contents.